If you have your business set up with Google My Business you’re likely receiving reviews from your customers. A common question that follows is usually, “Is there a link I can use to send out to my customers so I can request reviews directly?", or something along those lines. It used to be a bit more complicated in the past. You would have to find your place ID and get a url, and put your place ID into the URL but finding your place ID was a bit of a process and if you mashed up the place ID and URL incorrectly it wouldn’t work… and on and on and on. Anyways, Google has made this significantly easier now if you know what you are looking for.
My Business Isn’t Set Up With Google My Business
That’s alright, the process is fairly simple but depending on your business could take some time since they like to verify your business is legitimate. If you navigate to Google My Business and sign in with your Google Account you can start creating your new business. If your business already exists on Google but you don’t have access to manage it, you have the option to claim it. To do this, search your business in Google and when the information for it shows up on the right hand side you should see a link to claim the business. The links below should help you out with the process.
Where To Find Your Google Review URL
- Navigate to the Locations dashboard in Google My Business
- Log in to your Google account.
- Click on the location you want to find the review url for
- You should be on your location’s dashboard and if you scroll down you should see a section called ‘Get more reviews’
- Click on the ‘Share review form’ button
- You should see a shortened URL you can copy and share wherever you like
There you go! Share that URL wherever you like. Put it in customer mailing through Mailchimp, put a link on your website, share it on social media, whatever you like!