There have been a few people asking about the fancy little faces and images that people have been posting in Instagram, tweeting on Twitter and sending in text messages. First off, there is a prerequisite. You will need iOS5 installed on your iPhone. Still interested? Of course you are! Follow along!
1) Open "Settings" on your iPhone.
2) Go to "General".
3) Go to "Keyboard".
4) Go to "International Keyboards".
5) Go to "Add New Keyboard...".
6) Scroll down until you find "Emoji" and select it. It should appear in your list of keyboards above "Add New Keyboard..." now.
We added the Emoji keyboard to our phone, now how do we actually use it? Lets send a text!
1) Start a new text message.
2) At the bottom of your keyboard, to the left of the "space" key, you should see a wireframe globe. Press on the globe button. This should swap your keyboard to the Emoji version!
3) When you want to get back to the regular keyboard, just press on the globe button again! Easy as that!
You can now send those fancy little emoticons in whatever applications you like! If this helped you out, be sure to share it with your friends! Enjoy!